Options for Attaining Continuing Education Hours
- Attend individual advanced level courses with an emphasis in critical care (A few examples include: 12 Lead, Lab Data, Ventilators, Hemodynamics, IABP, LVAD, FP-C/CCP-C/CFRN/CTRN review courses, AMTC/CCTMC conferences, in service sessions on topics included in curriculum.
Attend selected days at a CCEMTP℠ course
- Contact the course coordinator of any upcoming CCEMTP℠ course for information, availability, and cost. CCEMTP℠ Upcoming Courses
Complete online courses at TargetSolutions, the leader in online EMS continuing education
- Select online CE classes are approved for UMBC CCEMTP℠ renewal.
- Sign up for an annual unlimited courses subscription or an annual subscription that contains only UMBC CCEMTP℠ approved courses
- All courses are also approved by CAPCE for NREMTP recertification
- Call toll free at 877-435-9309 for more information
As of July 1, 2012:
You may also opt to take the written exam in lieu of continuing education hours. At this time, you will only be able to challenge the exam at UMBC in Baltimore, MD and meet the following criteria: current CCEMTP℠ provider; submission of exam request forms and payment.
If you successfully pass the exam with a 70%, your CCEMTP℠ will be renewed with no further action on your part. If you are not successful, you can still renew with the continuing education requirement following all renewal policies.